Friday 23 August 2013

HO-LESS-PHOBIA

                             Put a stop to homophobia



LGBT activist, Archbishop Desmond Tutu
Source: www.LGBTNEWS.com
 On the 27th of July 2013, retired anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu expressed his emotions about the rise of homophobia in South Africa and the world at large.
Tutu was joined at the "Free and Equal" press event by UN Human Rights High Commissioner Navi Pillay and Justice Edwin Cameron of the South African Constitutional Court. There they announced the launch of the year-long project, which the UN's website describes as a “global public education campaign to promote greater respect for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people everywhere," with a focus on "legal reforms and public education to counter homophobia and transphobia."
Archbishop Tutu said the UN's new campaign against "homophobia" was similar to the campaign he waged against racism in South Africa.
Desmond Tutu expresses his emotions
Source www.upworth.com
"I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about apartheid. For me, it is at the same level," he said.
The ultraliberal Anglican prelate played a leading role in the fight against the South African apartheid system, but has made a name for himself more recently as a champion of homosexuality.

Thabo Makwe wrote " I just dnt get this why should People Judge or Hate I mean we Human beings we cause no Harm we live our lives without disturbing others and also I dnt care who say what about me so long as I get Love from My Family and friends....the rest can Pass on conclusion Desmond Tutu said "I'd rather go to hell than to serve a Homophibic God" This Qoute clearly means that People should Stop using the word of God to Discriminate Gays & Lesbians.....Bangazosi Phambanisela"



Thabo Makwe and I. Jolly as ever. 
Are you willing to help reduce the increasing rate of homophobia in your community? if you are, drop a comment and say "I AM". Also log on to www.brothersforlife.org to make your pledge against gender based viloence and also read more about the initiative. make a difference, I have.






54 comments:

  1. I am who I am and I dnt owe anybody. Any explanation, Hate me and see if I care. What I Like the most is when I get to Heaven Standing infront of My Almighty should it happen that He asks me "Thabo My Son Why are you Gay?" My Answer to that will be "you Knew me in My Mother's womb & you knew all My Life before I could come to earth so Father God I dnt know only you know"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM............ is time people stop judging and accept gays and lesbian. this a free country, great blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you, and yes it is time to see that happen.

      Delete
  3. I really don't see why gays and lesbians have to be judged when we are all not perfect and live for who we truly are. I think we should also help the rest get out of their closets and be accepted. I AM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Uma uwumntu uphila kay' 1" thtas what Brenda Fassie said, so xa une nkinga ngam' ukhwakho lokho...but funny this is you Judging me as a Guy mara you wearing earing & earings were designed for Girl.....so Yima kancinci.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you can express yourself freely. Khuluma...

      Delete
  5. I Am willing to play my part and end this hate against our fellow brothers who are different yet unique,the funny part is that Tutu is a christian and this says the opposite of christian culture.At the end of the day we should accept gays because they are not going anywhere and are part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will always be a part of our lives and that's a fact.

      Delete
  6. Bravooooo misty maan, let our brothers and sisters be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AM...AND LOVING THEM TOO BITS.HATERS WILL ALWAYS HATE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True but hopefully one day haters will get to understand homosexuals better.

      Delete
  8. I am.....gays are people just like everyone and God did not give us the platform to judge. I love them too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should not judge. I love them to,hence i felt the need to write about this.

      Delete
  9. Stop homophobia!! I love my gay friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine too and homophobia should be done away with.

      Delete
  10. I AM... Haters must just sit down #word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haters should really reconsider. I mean abo choma do not bother anyone.

      Delete
  11. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. but i do love them coz the word of God commands me to Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!and together we will make a difference, because it begins with u and me, soon we will reach places beyond what we can imagine. I AM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tutu really means business... I love his statement: "I'd rather go to hell than to serve a homophobic God". It'll teach all those self-righteous hypocrites to stop using the word of God as an exdcuse to hate on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not cool to be gudged for being who you are. But taking a stand means you are proud of who you are and it makes me proud because you stand up for what you believe in.

      Delete
  14. I AM a full 100%. Personally, I do not support judgement against gay people, thanks for this post and I'll keep in embracing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will keep embracing them too. Thank you too for your input.

      Delete
  15. I AM,because the lord said love your neighbour as you love yourself

    ReplyDelete
  16. No one deserves to be judged by any chance because we are not angels but humans and are entitled to make our lifestyle choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so very true. your lifestyle is your choice.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. we should not judge at all. I am glad you are willing to make a difference.

      Delete
  18. great read sisitjie! beautifull we should learn to love each other in our diversities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your neightbour as you love yourself. Let's make a difference together.

      Delete
  19. everybody deserves love and respect whether gay or not i say we take charge and fight against people who are violeting gays and lesbians ,who are we to judge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree fully. their rights should be protected as well, they are humans too.

      Delete
  20. As one individual who stands for the support of homophobia I'm in total support of such champagns that vouch for the liberation of homosexuality,to add on the stigma that is with races as well. In being with speech on Humanity I'm also without understanding on discrimination weather it be race,sex or gender.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Who are we to judge? I truly concur with you. As long as one person is thrilled about his or her lifestyle let him or her be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Ones lifestyle is their choice.

      Delete
  22. hahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahhhahahhahahha wow Boitshoko wow. You are very right sister but who are we to judge? we aint perfect either.At the end of the day we are still equal before the eyes of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are and that is how we should also treat one another, equally.

      Delete